So this list is a bit more fun then anything else. Here are some fun things you can do or try while pregnant. I mean, how often are you going to be able to blame pregnancy hormones for rash decisions?
1. Get out of a traffic ticket. Okay…so really, it would be best NOT to get pulled over for a citation at all. However, if you find yourself in the circumstance where you are about to get a ticket, try to get out of it. If you do, play the pregnancy card and hormones. You might just get lucky and the cop will let you off with a warning. Then, try to be careful when driving. Precious cargo is on board after all.
2. Get a prenatal massage. This can be a little costly, but it is so worth it, especially as you get further along in your pregnancy. Carrying a baby is a lot of hard work and does a number on your muscles. Make sure you are booking a prenatal massage though, and not a regular one. A prenatal massage is gentler and won’t hurt the baby.
3. See a chiropractor. Just like above, carrying a baby is a lot of work and your spine is holding on to a lot of extra weight right now. You may find yourself walking or sleeping funny and visiting a chiropractor can be the ticket to feeling somewhat normal again. This isn’t for everyone, but if you enjoy it, unless your practitioner says not to, you should be good to go!
4. Eat ALL the junk food! Okay, so this one isn’t super healthy, but how often can you blame baby cravings? Indulge in some junk food here and there, but make sure you balance it out with healthy fruits and vegetables too. If your 2am craving is for a pint of Ben and Jerry’s, grab it and don’t stress about it.
5. Mess with people. This one might not be for you, depending on if you are the type of person who is open to talking with strangers, but if you are mess with them. If someone asks when you are due, look offended and tell them you aren’t pregnant just to see their reaction. Don’t wait too long to tell them the truth though, the amount of embarrassment they are going to feel is high.
6. Take time for yourself. This one is HUGE. You need time for yourself before baby gets here, because once he/she has come into the world, there is no more alone time. Baby is going to want to be with you all the time. Take some time now to relax, and do things for you. If you want to get your hair styled, or get your nails done because it makes you feel better, go for it.
There are so many more things you can do/try but this is a great starting list.